We understand that losing your hair sucks and taking a new medication can be scary. We are here to help you with any doubts you may have.
Finasteride is an FDA-approved medication that treats male pattern hair loss, blocking the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT) which is the antigen responsible for male pattern hair loss in genetically predisposed men.How to use:
- By mouth orally with or without meals as directed by the physician.
Storage and handling:
- Store at room temperature and away from children
- Do not leave it exposed to the sun
Dosages & strengths:
- 5mg tablets
Common Adverse Reactions:
The most common experiences are,
Low libido, trouble getting or maintaining an erection, and or a decrease in the amount of semen ejaculated.
Less commonly patients have also reported, breast tenderness and or enlargement, depression, testicular pain, and in rare cases male breast cancer.
If you are getting regular screening for prostate cancer, please let your doctor know you are taking Finasteride as it decreases the prostate-specific antigen (PSA) levels in your blood needed for the screenings.
- For known or suspected prostate cancer, patients should not take this medication.
Warnings and Precautions:
Women should never take or handle crushed, broken, or any finasteride tablets while they are pregnant due to risks to the fetus.
May increase the risk of high-grade prostate cancer
Call your doctor or pharmacist if you experience any of the following:
- if you are pregnant or may become pregnant, taking finasteride can harm the fetus.
- if you are allergic to any of finasteride's ingredients and are experiencing rashes, hives, itching, and/or swelling of the lips, tongue, throat, or face.